Sunday, June 28, 2009

Alkek Sprint Night

Joseph and I went out to Houston for the last Spring race of their season. Due to the blazing heat, it was a low turn-out. Joseph also raced out there the night before, then did a 3 hour ride in the morning, so he was pretty blown before even starting his flying 200m Time Trial. He was grossly under-geared, but still pulled off a pretty good TT and almost edged out his first opponent during in his first match sprint ever. He finished off the night with a 3rd Place and some tired legs.

I tried a new gear ratio for my flying 200, but I think the headwind on the back-straight was working against me. It was the slowest 200m TT I've done so far at 12.1 seconds, but somehow was enough to barely squeak by for top time. Since we only had 5 riders, I had a by-run for the quarter-finals. Dan Morgan got a really good jump on me in the semi-finals which forced me to chase for a full lap. I was laughing at how bad he got me. It was like I was sleeping up there by the rail. Brendan Sharp and I had a really fun Final—conversing in the first two turns. I drew the obligation, but could not get him to come around me. We waited really late to start our sprint, which was a good thing for me, but my reaction times were still lagging.

Next weekend: Tour of Lawrence!


Semi-Finals: Dan Morgan vs Jed Rogers



Finals: Brendan Sharp vs Jed Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment